Friday, July 30, 2010

Three weeks earlier.....

I am finally able to take my Dodge Caravan to the body shop to be repaired from the damage to the rear
bumper after an accident on Christmas eve.  An ice storm turned the interstate ramp into a slippery sheet and several cars slid into one another.  I have car rental insurance so I call ahead for a medium-size economy car.  After delivering the mini van to the body shop, I walk around to the car rental office. According the their records (or lack of), there is no reservation on the computer and they have no record of my previous request.  All they have available at 4:30 is a hyundai snow globe.  I take it because...that is all there is....and I want to go home.
It did have quite a good air conditioner. Of course it was a very small area to cool.  Also it had sirrius radio, which I wanted to sit in the car and listen to, but I would cramp up and have to get out and stretch.
    I never cease to be amazed at how many midnight blue mini-vans there are like mine.  I always have to check the license plates to see that I have found my own.  Relieved to have survived the crush of food "samplers" at Costco, I have my cart full of items and dreaming of the yummies I will be making soon.    
The blue mini-van doesn't respond to my keys and after a couple of attempts; I realize that I am accidentally attempting to break into someone else's car!  Please don't let the rightful owners be standing behind me.  Okay.... then someone has stolen MY car.    Oh wait.  I have the hyundai.  It's white but hides in between the big guys.  So where did I leave that little bugger.

1 comment:

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh that is such a shame. I was in an accident last September in which my beloved Mustang convertible (an engagement gift from my husband) was totaled and I am still driving the rental Taurus..ugghh
I am a new visitor and follower from Over 40. I hope when you have the chance you will stop by to say hello..
doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com/ they say everyone has a story..