Saturday, January 15, 2011

My friend Lin

Dedicated and distracted. I have only known Lin for a couple of years, but I have learned so much from knowing her. She is the leader of a small art group that I belong to. She is doing battle now with pancreatic cancer. She had just overcome a long series of tests to find out that she had celiac disease and had learned how to prepare foods and conquer this problem. Honestly, she looked better 6 months ago than I had seen her look in our short friendship. She lost weight; her color was great and she seemed to have a new motivation. She had designs and plans and endless talent. To quote her family "make some memories right now". I don't want her to be gone.

1 comment:

dtwilight said...

She sounds like a very nice person. I wish her all the best.

View my blog at http://goddessofcats.blogspot.com/