Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fast Forward!!!  I haven't had too much to say for a long while.  My vet of 30 years made an "over confident" diagnosis of my cat's health. Since I had the utmost faith in his professional knowledge I followed his suggestions and almost put my cat down.
I bought her an expensive can of grain-free food as her "last meal".  Within three hours I learned that my cat's ill health was being caused by her food and the not hepatitis.  Her liver enzymes were high because of all the pills I was trying to stuff down her.  I cancelled the appointment with my vet to have the "final shot".  Actually I cancelled my vet for all time.
She has gained weight and is a very happy feline eating her grain-free food.
NOTE TO SELF:
You have a relationship with your furbabies.  You need to trust your intuition and the messages that your pet sends you.

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

My kitty has been on grain free food since she was 7 weeks old.. what she had before, well- who knows.. Originally cats eat meat- no grain... who ever heard of a wild cat eating grain? lol.... grain is added as filler... typical of what a man made company will do to skirt around cost and quality...Glad u followed your intuition... Bet your fur baby is glad and I bet she is forever loyal to ya.

b.b.flockling * Rose said...

Hello Shawnee...I wanted to stop in to meet you, and Thank You for your kind comment! And to add my two cents worth to this most insightful post. I whole heartedly agree. If we could get to the root of most of our ailments, we would find our diet has a LOT to do with it.